We are dedicated to a single purpose: empowering America’s veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that our veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them; fighting for the interests of America’s injured heroes on Capitol Hill; and educating the public about the great sacrifices and needs of veterans transitioning back to civilian life. Specifically, we:
- Provide free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government.
- Provide outreach concerning VA program services to the American people generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically.
- Help, whenever possible, represent the interests of disabled veterans, their families, their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government.
- Extend DAV’s mission of hope within our local communities where veterans and their families live.
- Provide a structure through which disabled veterans can express compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.